CANCELLED: DUE TO THE RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY THE CORONAVIRUS, OUR BEGINNERS’ TRAINING COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
WE DO NOT KNOW IF WE WILL BE ABLE TO RUN A COURSE LATER IN THE YEAR.
PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE, CONTACT US LATER IN THE SUMMER, OR WHY NOT BECOME AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER AND JOIN US AT OUR (CURRENTLY ONLINE) MEETINGS?
IN THE MEANTIME, HIT THE BOOKS, WASH YOUR HANDS AND STAY SAFE.
Romford runs a beginner’s course on Tuesday evenings at our training apiary at Thames Chase. This year’s course runs from 21 April most Tuesday evenings until 23 June.
On the course, you will cover theory and have practical experience of handling bees. You will also learn about:
• the life cycle of the honeybee
• how to set up an apiary
• how to manage a colony to produce honey
• effective swarm control & making increase
• bee diseases recognition & management
• how to assemble hive and frames
• the start-up ways & costs.
See the leaflet below for more details. Please read the terms and conditions.