On the course, you will cover theory and have practical experience of handling bees. You will also learn about:
• the life cycle of the honeybee
• how to set up an apiary
• how to manage a colony to produce honey
• effective swarm control & making increase
• bee diseases recognition & management
• how to assemble hive and frames
• the start-up ways & costs.
The course fee includes the training and membership of the British Beekeepers’ Association for 2022.
We will also run TWO taster sessions in 2022 to introduce non-beekeepers to beekeeping. Dates are yet to be confirmed.
See the booking form below for more details. Please read the terms and conditions.