Our beginner’s training course is now taking bookings and will run from Tuesday 18 April, for nine weeks.
On the course, you will cover theory and have practical experience of handling bees. You will also learn about:
• the life cycle of the honeybee
• how to set up an apiary
• how to manage a colony to produce honey
• effective swarm control & making increase
• bee diseases recognition & management
• how to assemble hive and frames
• the start-up ways & costs.
The course fee includes the training and membership of the British Beekeepers’ Association for 2022.
Sessions run from 6.30pm to 8.30pm on Tuesday evenings.
News of any taster sessions for 2023 to introduce non-beekeepers to beekeeping will be announced in due course.
See the booking form below for more details. Please read the terms and conditions.