Romford runs a beginner’s course on Tuesday evenings at our training apiary at Thames Chase.**
On the course, you will cover theory and have practical experience of handling bees. You will also learn about:
• the life cycle of the honeybee
• how to set up an apiary
• how to manage a colony to produce honey
• effective swarm control & making increase
• bee diseases recognition & management
• how to assemble hive and frames
• the start-up ways & costs.
The course fee includes the training and membership of the British Beekeepers’ Association for 2022.
See the leaflet below for more details. Please read the terms and conditions.
* NB The course will run if social distancing rules allow at the time allow. If we are not allowed to meet indoors in April, we will conduct theory sessions via Zoom.
We hope there will be no problem with the practical apiary sessions, as they will be outdoors. We will of course observe social distancing and wear protective equipment. Alternative venues may also be used, if we are not able to meet at one venue.
** News of the 2022 beginners’ course will appear here in due course.